| Lohner Etrich-F
back to Flugmuseum Wr. Neustadt Aviaticum
| 07/31/2018. Remarks by Johan
Visschedijk: "The pictured aircraft is a replica of
the Etrich Taube Typ F (Etrich Dove Type F) as built in
1912 by the Lohner company in Floridsdorf, Austria
(presently a suburb of Vienna). It was built according to
original Lohner plans in Vienna in 1987 by Anton Ott and
Heinz Linner, assisted by Karl Linner and Michael Binder.
Fitted with a 105 hp Walter Minor it was first flown by
Karl Hasitschka at Bad Vöslau, 17 mls (27 km) south of
Vienna, on August 27, 1987.
During a flight in 2008 the engine stopped in flight due to spoiled fuel, in the subsequent crash landing the aircraft was substantially damaged, the pilot, Karl Hasitschka, escaped injuries. . Anton Ott repaired the replica, a new propeller and a different type engine cowling was fitted.
By October 2009 the aircraft was on loan to the Flugmuseum Aviaticum at Wiener Neustadt, 27 mls (43 km) south of Vienna. The museum was temporarily closed in 2015, due to a move to a new location, unfortunately it is still closed."